Laser dentistry is a new technique that can improve the precision of your treatment while minimizing pain and recovery time.
- Procedures performed using soft tissue dental lasers may not require sutures or stitches.
- Certain laser dentistry procedures do not always require anesthesia.
- Laser dentistry minimizes bleeding because the high-energy light beam aids in the clotting of exposed blood vessels.
- Bacterial infections are minimized because the high-energy beam sterilizes the area being worked on.
- Damage to surrounding tissue is minimized.
- Wounds heal faster and tissues can be regenerated.
There are a variety of uses for lasers in the field of dentistry. Lasers can be used for cavity removal, teeth whitening, gum reshaping, oral surgery, the removal of bacteria from periodontal pockets, and treatment of cold sores and canker sores.